Provide a framework and forum and information center for communicating and coordinating successes, concerns, recommendations, and actions in regards to core values using a coalition committees based work approach as appropriate.
To realize and promote Texarkana USA as a Model Metroplex regarding inter-religion/spiritual/faith, interdenominational, interracial, inter-political communication, cooperation, collaboration, effectiveness, and non-violent impetus regarding critical/core value-based life/cultural issues so as to reach for equitable quality of life for all.
Through a series of transparent interdenominational interracial inter-political conference initiatives, provide and acquire highly visible integrated problem-solution oriented information and non-violent impetus regarding critical/core value-based life/cultural issues.
Core Value-Based Life/Cultural Issues:
Core values provide guiding principles for belief and action regarding right and wrong. Core value-based life/family/cultural issues are moral, legal, racial, sexual/gender, education, housing, homelessness, poverty, social, economic, criminal, and political justice and equity with historical and interdependence considerations, and other community quality of life matters, and as otherwise identified.
Employ forums, conferences, email, websites, Facebook, Zoom, and similar technologies.
Organization/Convener/Administrator For Overall Structure, Management, and Accountability; hereafter referred to as TACLC Executive Office:
Chaurcey Boyd; Facilitates, informs, and brings interested parties together for information sharing, networking, collaboration, and similar activities.
Chaurcey Boyd, Hosting Organization, and contributions from other participating and supporting entities. Contributions may include money, facilities, drinks/snacks, administrative material, and other needed resources. Funding sources and strategies may change as initiative expands. So that the issue of money does not become a distraction, strategy calls for minimal monetary expenditures
, e.g., no need to eat meals at meetings (eat at home and come to go to work); otherwise participants will be largely self-funded.
Chaurcey Boyd, Hosting Organization, and other Individual, Group, Church, Business, Nonprofit Contributors, Etc.
As Announced (Examples include Convention Centers, Colleges/Universities, Hotel Meeting Rooms, Churches, Other Religious Centers, Nonprofits, For0profit Businesses!)
Example Potential Participators:
- As Identified
- Initiatives based
- Christian and non-Christian are welcome as committee members.
- Engages responsible community officials, e.g., city council/boards and other city officials, law enforcement, school administrators, parents.
- Obtains speakers for TACLC sessions in coordination with TACLC Executive Office.
- Individuals should not serve on committees that represent a clear and compelling conflict of interest.
- Has its own chairperson and staff and structure according to the particular committee needs.
- Interacts with non-TACLC coalitions/task-forces/committees/organizations as needed and appropriate.
- Timely keeps TACLC Executive Office informed of activities as appropriate and as reasonably requested.
- Collects, expends or commits no funds in the name of TACLC without prior written approval from TACLC Executive Office. Does not mean participating elements cannot reference its participation in TACLC but does mean TACLC should not be a major funding raising element without prior approval in order to avoid slippage in integrity and accountability.
- Local Citizens With Questions/Concerns/Etc.
- Local Religious Leaders
- Local Political Leaders
- Local City/County Officials (Boards/Councils/Law Enforcement, etc.)
- Local Education Officials
- Other Community Officials/Leaders
No charge unless otherwise announced
Business casual or as appropriately desired
Typical Meeting Format
- Executive Office Report
- Topic/Committee Report
- New Topic/Committee Formation
- Questions and Comments
- Closing Remarks & Adjournment
Primary Hosting Organization Or As Otherwise Announced
No Blame Gathering:
We do not gather to point blame fingers. We gather to encourage more awareness and diligent
resolution of the perception or actuality of problems in community, city, state, and nation. Remember those on the
mountain may not hear the concerned talk in the valley and those in the valley may feel those on the mountain are not
listening and do not care, and vice versa. It is up to those on the mountain and those in the valley to
peacefully and compassionately reach down and up to one another in the human struggle to live a godly/morally loving dignified life.
Be mindful mountains and valleys are relative and contextual.
We do not claim one group consists of better persons than another; we seek righteous equity and justice for all.
Let us all with godly/righteous humility grow in grace, understanding, and appreciation for one another
regardless of role, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, political affiliation, education, and socio-economic status, etc.
Let us all have the courage and conviction to carry out our societal role in a godly/righteous spirit of care, concern, and compassion
regardless of the perceived or actual power or lack thereof we possess relative to one another.
TACLC Spiritual Foundation/Impetus
Point of Contact:
Chaurcey D. Boyd